Responsibilities & Duties
Lead the budget and forecasting process, which includes the development of protocol and non- protocol budgets in collaboration with all ITB functional departments and the mapping of budget proposal activities to the overall clinical development budget program.
- Provide oversight for a wide range of activities, including but not limited to forecasting, reporting and management of the clinical development budget process for all ITB Clinical development activities.
- Collaborate with ITB executive management to establish and adhere to best practices for clinical budget management.
- Develop and lead a strategic budget process that is comprehensive and transparent to meet the current and future needs of ITB.
- Proactively work with department heads to improve financial outcomes and works with leadership to provide budgetary and analytic support to optimize the use of ITB financial resources.
- Serve as the principal contact for all ITB clinical budget issues.
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of ITB clinical development programs against their respective budgets/forecasts.
- Work with department heads to understand and explain any significant deviation between budget/ forecast and actual.
- Responsible for the review of clinical project proposals, budget contracts and agreements to ensure all costs are reasonably accounted for in advance of the signing of all contracts.
- Perform financial analyses across all ITB clinical development programs to identify key drivers, trends, benchmarks, and risks. Develop and present financial reports, metrics and analyses to increase understanding of budget variances.
What you need to succeed
You likely are, or have been, working at a large to mid-sized CRO company.
To succeed in the role, you need:
- 10+ years’ experience of accounting, budgeting, auditing, or financial analysis
- Strong understanding of drug development process
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills in the management of various projects and functions
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to such tasks as budgeting, cash flow, forecasting, probability analysis, statistics and scenario planning to support corporate planning process
- Advanced MS Excel experience
- Experience working with international clinical studies/programs is required
- Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a strategic vision.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written
As a person, you are/have:
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Detail and quality oriented
- A positive attitude, flexibility and a proactive thought process.
- Ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization and to build collaborative relationships
- Knowledge of PC software, including Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- BS/BA or equivalent in business, math or science. Master’s degree preferred
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical information and data.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
You will also benefit from
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
What we offer
We aim to create an environment where the best people want to work, where they can turn their passion into their job and realize their full potential
- A chance to contribute to potentially improving the lives of patients
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Excellent healthcare and retirement plans
- Inspiring facilities & environment – moving into a combined lab and office space in “Forskaren”, Stockholm’s new life science center, in 2024.